I would stand inside my hell and hold the hand of death

This forum comprises all threads which take place in the Brotherhood Complex and surrounding areas of Manhattan.
XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot
Position: Private Security
Mutation: Lust Inducement
Alignment: Brotherhood of Mutants
Player: Betty Noir

I would stand inside my hell and hold the hand of death

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:41 am

Axel was in the throes of a nightmare, reliving some horrific experience or other, magnified by the hell his body was currently still going through. He woke, suddenly, drenched in a cold sweat and tangled in his sheets. Nausea had him rolling out of bed a moment later to race to his bathroom to throw up what they'd had for dinner that night.

He'd washed his mouth out after, brushed his teeth, washed his face. He changed out of his sweat drenched clothes into a clean shirt, sweatpants, and an actual sweater. He was shivering. He then gathered the sheets from his bed which were also going to need a washing. He gathered all the dirty linens and clothes and left his room. He'd been shown where the laundry was when Hale had given him a tour earlier but he couldn't remember where it was exactly and he didn't want to get lost.

It was late, or early however you looked at it, and he didn't want to bother anyone but Hale had said he could call on him any time. This wasn't an emergency though, not really. Or maybe it was. He couldn't sleep on a bed without linens and his were dirty. Maybe, he was also feeling very anxious and needing familiar company. There were many factors that lead Axel to Hale's door. He hesitated several times before knocking.

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot
Mutation: Molecular Acceleration
Player: Shayne

Re: I would stand inside my hell and hold the hand of death

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 am

The door opened to reveal Hale, standing several inches taller and a good deal bulkier than him, but somehow any intimidating nature on his part was... belied by the fact that he wore a matching set of striped light pink and beige pajamas, complete with fuzzy slippers and a soft cap on his head (ending in a fuzzy floof at the end draping over his shoulder). Even then, though, he managed to make this look dignified, and was clutching a book under his arm and a cup of steaming tea in between both hands. "Ah, Axel," he smiled warmly. "Come in," he stepped aside, welcoming without inquiring into Axel's reasons for showing up at all.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 am

He looked comfortable and adorable and... sexy... all at the same time and Axel immediately regretted coming here, for disturbing jim when he was obviously settling down for the night. Axel had never known anyone to wear a literal nightcap to bed and he couldn't help but smile.

He very badly wanted to take Hale up on his offer but he had a rather huge load of sweaty which would probably turn into smelly laundry in his arms. "Thank you, but I--well, I was trying to find the laundry room but--could not remember the way. I'm sorry for disturbing you, you look--" he smiled a but wistfully. "--very cozy. You could just--point me in the right direction and I'll be on my way."

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 am

Hale immediately moved to relieve Axel of his laundry load, taking on the pile in his own arms. "Of course, this way, this way," he smiled. "Rough night?"

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm

He was kind of embarrassed about it all and Hale sort of taking the load from him did not help in that regard, if anything it made him slightly more ashamed. "Umm," he turned to follow him, though he had his head down and his hands crossed in front of him. "Just--flashbacks and--withdrawal pains, it's not a big deal. May I, please, take that back?"

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 pm

The laundry was literally a few steps away though and Hale pushed open the door, grabbing a basket to put them in and handing it to Axel so he could launder his clothes how he preferred. "There you are," he tapped a hand on the machine. "These are easy enough, inside, detergent, then press that button there. It takes about twenty to wash and sixty to dry. Everything you need is in that cabinet."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:34 am

The laundry room had been so close that he now felt silly for forgetting and for bothering Hale about it. He took the basket with a slightly awkward but still grateful, "Thank you." Once again he listened to the instructions and was grateful for them. Hale was right in assuming that Axel may not know what he was doing, because honestly he didn't. He had assumed he could figure it out, he could read labels and instructions well enough, but he would probably add way too much detergent on his own or something. "Thank you, Hale." He smiled softly, a little self deprecatingly. How old was he now? And he didn't know how to laundry?

He put his laundry in the washing machine then walled over and opened the indicated cabinet, which was where he paused, scratching his cheek. There were like three kinds of detergent. Powder, liquid, something that was dye and scent free, something that was lavendar and honey scented, and something called 'Downy' softener? What was softener. "Uh... which one do I use?" And how much of it? God.

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:40 am

"It honestly depends," Hale said without judgment. "If you want your clothes to smell good, you can use a scented one. If not, these ones are fine. I recommend using a liquid detergent, the powdered ones can cause allergic reactions, they can get very itchy and not very comfortable. Fabric softener you can add, it's in the name." He gave Axel a brief rundown of how everything worked. "You will figure out your personal preferences soon enough."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:53 am

He chose the regular liquid one and some of the softener because that sounded good. Soft sounded good. He measured the liquids and successfully got the load started. "Thank you. I hadn't expected something as seemingly simple as laundry to--require so many--instructions. But thank you. I will--get better."

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 pm

"You will get the hang of it," Hale told him gently. "I could do with tea, would you care to join me?"

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 pm

He had 20 minutes to spare and tea sounded great. "I would like that very much." He went with Hale to the kitchen. "What is your favorite?"

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 pm

"I'm quite partial to licorice spice. Trust me, it is a lot less unpleasant than it sounds. Do you have a favorite?" he switched the tap on and filled up two mugs as he spoke, looking over his shoulder for Axel's answer.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Axel just shrugged and shook his head. "I think we just had black tea. Are there a lot of varieties?"

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 am

He set down Axel's cup and his own on the counter, then wrapped both hands around it, closing his eyes. After a few seconds, steam began emanating from the liquid and he dropped a teabag into his own, and then Axel's. "I'll start you off with licorice spice. It is sweet, not too sweet. Very good. It is licorice root, not the candy, so it does not taste how you would expect." He held out the mug, which was hot, for Axel to take.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:54 am

Axel watched as he heated the water without a kettle and a pleased, intrigued smile graced his face. He took the cup gently and stepped the bag a few times. "That's so neat," he said a little in aw.

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 am

Hale huffed lightly. "A fringe benefit."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:57 am

"I've heard of--well, I knew of someone who could manipulate fire but couldn't make it. Is that why you--" Axel caught himself on what he was about to say. Was that why Hale was so disciplined and in control? That was a lot of damage he could do if he lost control. He was much, much or better at ut than Axel was. "Can you teach me how to--control it like that?"

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 am

Hale snapped his finger and a small flame emerged from between his thumb and index, briefly engulfing his whole hand in a purple-blue swirl of deadly heat before evaporating harmlessly. "My abilities aren't limited to pyrokinesis," he explained. "I possess an enhanced form of molecular acceleration that extends to gas, steam, vapor, as well as plasma. As for my control," his smile was faint. "My abilities are tied to adrenaline. It took me many years to become disciplined enough to assimilate. I had to train my mind as well as my body to shut out external stimulus." In a way, he was a little like a Vulcan from Star Trek. "I am unsure what your abilities are tied to, but finding your trigger is the first step to management."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:06 pm

"Fear," he said without much hesitation. "It is the worst when I am afraid." Hence that first day they'd found him Axel had been terrified out of his mind despite the drugs in his system and his powers had been all over the place, thinking they'd come to hurt him or worse. Every time he had been assaulted or abused his powers spiked which only ever made things worse, never better. It was awful, feeling partially to blame for people hurting you. Even now, just thinking about it, his powers were striking out, testing Hale's hard-earned control, overwhelming him with a hot need, want, have, take.

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Hale's control wasn't related to his mutation, it was simply pure force of will and repetitive biofeedback training, but the only thing that happened was his eyes briefly flamed red before returning to their quiescent hazel flecks. He nodded. "It would seem imprudent to have such an ability tied to fear, as I am assuming the last thing you wish to do whilst afraid is be intimate," he murmured dryly. "Perhaps it's your way of controlling the situation, if a person is attracted to you, they are less likely to maim you. Or perhaps it's hormonal, and if that is the case, you might be looking at some form of medication."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Axel had noticed it, realized what he was doing and closed his eyes to try and draw those lusty tendrils back inside. "Shit, Hale, I'm sorry." He pulled the hood of his sweater about his head, hiding, and reached for his tea. He listened to Hale voice his thoughts, several Axel had had himself over the years, and sipped the tea. "I do not wish to be medicated."

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 pm

"It may be possible for me to share some insight," Hale nodded thoughtfully, dismissing Axel's concern with an airy wave of his hand. "My ability to regulate the biological responses to stress and agitation is not a mutation, it is a skill I honed by utilizing a therapeutic process known as biofeedback. This helps activate my parasympathetic nervous system, the thing which keeps you calm, when it otherwise mightn't be natural. Perhaps a similar form of training could help you in identifying when your hormone levels increase, and curb them."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Axel was willing to do anything. "I am--willing to try."

XMR Hale Mizana

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Hale Mizana » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:36 pm

"Well, it sounds like you've quite a full plate," he gave Axel a wry smile and fetched some non-dairy biscotti from the top shelf. "Care for one? I picked them up this morning. I haven't tried them, so don't judge too harshly."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Non-dairy biscotti. Hale had gone to the store and remembered his dairy allergy and had gotten him a treat. Axel's heart may have melted a little. "You--got me biscotti?" His mouth curved up in a tender, affectionate smile and he reached inside to take one of the crunchy bread treats. He gave it a sniff before taking a bite. It was tasty. Crunchy and delicious. "Thank you," he said as his eyes glassed over a little with emotion.

Return to “manhattan”