You Shall Lie Down and No One Shall Terrify You

This forum comprises all threads which take place in the Brotherhood Complex and surrounding areas of Manhattan.
XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot
Position: CEO of Brotherhood Security
Mutation: Metallic Manipulation
Alignment: Brotherhood
Player: Shayne

You Shall Lie Down and No One Shall Terrify You

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:56 pm

It was a few days later, during which time Hale and Axel had gotten to know one another (interrupted periodically by Alexia, the only other person that Axel spoke to on a regular basis likely due to her role in his rescue garnering some additional trust), that the Brotherhood's illustrious leader whom he only knew by the name Magneto paid him a visit.

He wore a simple button-down shirt with white slacks and black tennis sneakers, sleeves rolled up, the picture of casual and unlike what nearly anyone expected him to be when hearing the reports of the psycho extremist fanatic (among other colorful terms).

Of course Axel had been without outside contact for two years, so maybe he didn't have the presence of mind to be intimidated. Aside from Erik Lehnsherr's size, his smile was genuine and his posture relaxed. Definitely not the demeanor of an evil megalomaniac. And if all that didn't convince you, then the fact that today's beanie was in the likeness of blue-green flames probably should.

"It's good to see you up and about," he gestured freely to the living area. "Do you feel better?"

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot
Position: Private Security
Mutation: Lust Inducement
Alignment: Brotherhood of Mutants
Player: Betty Noir

Re: You Shall Lie Down and No One Shall Terrify You

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Axel had had his nose in some quality teen angsty novel or other when he heard an unfamiliar voice. When he looked up he smiled politely. He assumed this man was the infamous Magneto, the Brotherhood's benefactor and leader. He looked very kind and pleasant, and no one who would willingly wear a beanie like that could possibly be bad. Axel was already sitting but he closed his book on his finger to hold his place and nodded at the seat next to him. "Every day's a new struggle and I know I am not out of the woods yet, but I am feeling much better than when Hale found me. So yes, thank you. Are you--Magneto?" Mutant call signs sounded so weird and silly to him. He much preferred peoples real names.

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:47 pm

He barked a laugh. "Erik, please. Magneto is for the sapiens. May I join you?" he gestured to the couch next to Axel. Faintly, Axel could see the sides of his hat where his ears were, glow slightly as though flashing earbuds were perched underneath. It seemed that he as well wasn't affected by Axel's abilities, whether it was his own fortitude or not remained to be seen.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 pm

It had been increasingly easier to control his own powers without all the drugs in his system fucking with his mind and his will. Still, it wasn't a full seal and he was grateful for the solitude most of the time. Otherwise, Alexia and Hale had been his only companionship, and Hale seemed to have his own crazy control so he didn't seem incredibly bothered by Axel's powers. It was refreshing to meet someone else who didn't seem like they were barely controlling the urge to assault him. He liked it here, if for no other reason than that. But they also had an insanely large library, and a beautiful arboretum, and baby animal videos.

At Erik, not Magneto's request Axel nodded and unfurled his legs to sit straight. "Please. I actually am glad you came by. I've been wanting to meet you. And thank you. For sending them to save me."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 pm

"Of course," Erik replied as he neatly sat down, resting his elbows on his knees as he leant forward slightly. "You're one of us. We are responsible for one another." He smiled, faint, but it made his features kinder. "Whatever the choice you make, you have a place here." At that, straightened up. "The Brotherhood is an organization for mutant rights. We take action. We intervene. Some say, we're extremists. There is another faction, the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning. They have children, some education, a big mansion. They talk, talk, but things don't change." Erik waved dismissively. "Some people value talking. I can make the call for Charles to send for you if that's your wish, or you can stay at the Complex. Your choice, and won't be held against you. You're free to return."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:20 am

Axel had been talked at pretty much his entire life. When they found out he was gifted, his parents talked endlessly about sending him to a school, or just away in general. If they hadn't talked about it so much it was very unlikely Axel ever would have ended up in the hands of child and mutant traffickers after his abilities. Unfortunately, his parents had led very public lives, being lawyers and politicians. Axel often wondered if they had ever even tried to find him or if they had just let him slip through the cracks. It was his sister he missed more than anything and often wondered what had happened to her. Had they told her he was dead? Did she miss him as much as he missed her? These were things he was free to think about now that he was no longer a slave.

Erik's offer made him think even harder. He was giving Axel an out, but he didn't want or need it. "I would--like to stay. If that's alright? I may not--know much but--I was always a fast learner as a child... I think..." His brow furrowed a little. Most of his youth was a blur he barely remembered.

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:30 am

"--we are happy to have you," Erik finished his sentence simply. "Not much is expected of you here. We don't tolerate infighting, and there is some paperwork I'll file with Charles's help to get you some form of income whether you work or not. If you want to pursue work, that is also your choice. We have many positions available, not only guards. Have you found your room to your liking?"

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 am

He couldn't think of anything more egregious or insulting than to slap the hand away that had reached out to save him. "Thank you. I am grateful to be here, and I think it's wonderful. More than sufficient." Especially considering he hadn't had his own room in ages. "A little lonely though." He was used to sharing a bed with up to five different people. If not 'entertaining' he had bunked with other slaves where they'd all sort of dog-pile together for warmth and comfort. He was not used to being alone. He didn't spend a lot of time in his room though. Didn't sleep much, in that case, either. The withdrawal pains were still something he was suffering through. He spent a lot of time in the library or the arboretum.

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:52 am

"OK, good." Erik nodded. "That's fixable. You have connections with Hale and Lexi. I'll speak with them and ask if they will lodge with you, until you're accustomed to the new living arrangements. They're happy to help. OK, and some more things, you want clothes and toiletries, other things. So I can go with you, or, Hale and Lexi offered. Picking out your own things, I think it's good."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:24 am

His stomach was suddenly in knots. Sure being around Hale and Lexi he could control himself. Hale was--special, in that, well Axel didn't know how he wasn't affected by Axel's powers. Maybe the same way Erik seemed to be? He didn't know but he wasn't looking a gift horse in the mouth. Lexi wasn't attracted to men, so Axel didn't bother her at all. Sure, he'd gotten back some minor control of his powers since he'd been weening off the drugs, but going out? In public? With strangers everywhere? That was a very frightening, thought. He swallowed hard and worried his bottom lip. "May I--think about it?"

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:28 am

"Yes, yes," Erik agreed airily. "Until so, you have some things set up in your room that were added this morning."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:51 am

That was a relief. He wasn't ready to go out in public yet, though perhaps if Hale or Lexi were with him it would not be so bad. They would protect him if anything happened right? But, he wanted to learn to protect himself. "I was told--you teach fighting, self defense here? When I am--better--I would like to learn. I think--I think that would help me."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:54 am

"Yes, we do," Erik nodded. "Hale and I both teach it, I will sign you in for the sessions."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 am

Axel nodded, smiling softly. "Thank you. I have a question, sir. It's--well it might be somewhat personal."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 am

Erik gestured for him to continue.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:23 am

"I was wondering--if you--if I could try to find my sister."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 am

"We will do what we can to locate her. Is she a mutant?"

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Axel shrugged. "She was not the last time I saw her." But anything was possible. She very well could be one now. "Her name is--" He couldn't remember exactly. What? How had that happened? "I called her Cici."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 pm

"My friends and I found you because you registered X-Gene positive. Our device, Cerebro, is calibrated to detect mutants, but it is not as accurate with sapiens. I'll contact Professor Xavier and see what we can do. He's been known to surprise a time or two in the past," Erik gave him a reassuring smile and placed his hand briefly on Axel's shoulder. His concept of personal space bubble was much looser than an American's, but he wasn't threatening and didn't seem to be predatory.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Axel had no real concept of personal space, as he'd never really had any, especially not since he'd been a captive. So, logically, it didn't bother him when Erik invaded his non existent bubble. When his hand reached his shoulder, Axel actually leaned into it a little, craving the physical connection, especially when it carried no malice or ill will on the other side. Erik was not trying to molest him. "Thank you, Erik. For everything."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:42 pm

"Of course. Someday, you will repay another in kind. That's what we do, here."

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 pm

He smiled softly, which made him look young, and pretty. There was no real wonder why he had been sought out in the ways he had. Axel was definitely more beautiful than handsome, soft skin, soft features, beautiful eyes, cheekbones, lips. Even without his powers working the way they did he was a gorgeous specimen. It was a blessing and a curse, he supposed.

"I hope so," he wanted to help.

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Whether Erik noticed this was a different story. Despite his lack of personal space, he very much remained respectable and professional, with no outward indications that he felt it necessary to ogle Axel or give him beyond a perfunctory glance. "You will," he replied confidently.

XMR Axel Sestol

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Axel Sestol » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:21 pm

It felt good to belong, to not be owned or forced, but to be able to choose to stay. To be able to be apart of something doing good for others. To be valued for more than his looks, his body, or his gifts. He very much was looking forward to seeing where this future led, how he could grow, the new friendships and opportunities presented to him. He was eternally grateful to Erik and Hale and Lexie. They not only saved his life, but were now saving his soul. Giving him a real purpose, something he hadn't had in a long time. "May I ask you personal questions? I would like to--get to know you better."

XMR Erik Lehnsherr

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Erik Lehnsherr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:40 am

Erik waved his hand. Well, once again, his arm, not really his hand. As someone who was trained to observe the nuances in people, Axel could tell he'd sustained some sort of injury. "Yes, yes. What is it?"

Return to “manhattan”