Hogwarts | Ilvermorny | Beauxbatons | Durmstrang | Ministry | MACUSA | St. Mungo's | World | Past | AU

Image Getting Started - Image Rosters - Image House Cup - Image Rules - Image App - Image Wanted

Current Events: The Desolate Forest, X-Men: Reboot

Take Control of the Atmosphere

For any threads that take place within the moving staircases of Hogwarts.
Simon Veler
Thunderbird
Wand: 9 1/2" Olive, Sekwi, Quite Bendy
Position: Professor of Applied Sciences
School: Ilvermorny
Player: Shayne

Take Control of the Atmosphere

Post by Simon Veler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:05 pm

"Whew!" A strangely dressed wizard zipped by Brandt on the staircase, hopping to avoid colliding into him, and he whirled around on his heels to regard him. It was someone Brandt hadn't seen before, clad in muggle clothing (other than Laurie this was just plain unusual), carrying a large tote over his shoulders. "My apologies. Butterbeer?" he withdrew one from the bag and held it out. Listen, it was not the weirdest thing to happen to Brandt today. Wizards could be, uh, eccentric people. At least this particular scenario resulted in delicious mead, instead of sparks and mayhem. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know where the medical facilities are? I'm meant to meet with Healer Grayson..." Serendipity, and all that.

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff
Wand: 11" Hazel, Unicorn, Supple
Position: Mediwizard
School: Hogwarts

Re: Take Control of the Atmosphere

Post by Brandt Grayson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Brandt had been studying a medical textbook and had barely avoided colliding with the man when he looked up at the last second and managed to sidestep out of his path. "Woah, hey. Sorry." He took off his readers and closed the book around his pointer finger which was holding his place. He was about to ask the man if he was ok when he offered out a butterbeer. Mmm. Butterscotch was definitely one of Brandt's favorites. The offer was a little random, though, and made him blink and for the first time he seemed to take in the man and his odd clothing for a wizard, then the obvious lack of a British or European accent. "Umm, no thanks." He declined the beer. He brewed his own in his room. Shhhhh. "And you're looking at him." The badge of a crossed bone and wand that he was sporting on the left breast of his green medical coat/robe might have already given him away. "I'm Healer Grayson." He extended his hand to shake. "And, whom might you be?"

Simon Veler
Thunderbird

Post by Simon Veler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 pm

He gave Brandt's hand a shake, giving him a nod and a smile. "Simon Veler, professor of Applied Sciences. Actually, I was hoping to speak with you about an article you wrote for the St. Mungo's Journal of Medicine, targeted imaging in magical treatment. Fascinating series, and deeply relevant to our muggle education curriculum here."

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff

Post by Brandt Grayson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Brandt smiled but kind of blinked a little in surprise. "You--read my study?" His smile widened a little. "And yeah, I had the same thought." Rick had both a muggle and a wizard medical degree. He was one of those rare folks who could see the pros and cons of both worlds and kind of blend them together. Much like his own self was a blend of Muggle and Magical upbringing. "I would love to discuss it. I was actually just headed to my office. Join me for tea?" Yep. Brandt had been living in Scotland and the UK for long enough that he himself hadn't been immune to the whole teatime thing. The Brits and their tea. "Or coffee. I have both."

Simon Veler
Thunderbird

Post by Simon Veler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:07 am

"I did indeed, and I must say I found it quite impressive. Much like yourself I attended medical school in the muggle world, and have found it provides a background you seldom see in physicians on the other side of the veil, so to speak. Ah," he held up a finger, amused. "I'm afraid I never did get the hang of tea, but coffee would be splendid."

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff

Post by Brandt Grayson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 am

Brandt grinned and nodded. "Yeah. I didn't at first either but they don't stock coffee in the staff room." Do he'd always had to order or take trips to hogsmeade to buy his own which can get tedious over so many years and then when he ran out all he had was tea and so he just got used to it. The coffee grounds he kept in his office were sacred and something he saved more for special occasions. "I hope you like hazelnut roast," he offered as he turned and made his way back in the direction of the medical ward and his office. "I sure am glad the school is extending its muggle related studies. Where did you teach before?"

Simon Veler
Thunderbird

Post by Simon Veler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

"Ah, Jagiellonian," Simon barfed out word soup with a grin. "Fond memories, at least, the last time I did teach. It's a muggle medical school, very quaint, but I've actually spent the past few years working at Central Hospital in New York City." That was the more well-known magical treatment center available to American wizards.

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff

Post by Brandt Grayson » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 am

"Wow, that's quite the resume." They got off the winding stairs and Brandt led them down a wide corridor towards the Hospital wing. "What brings you to our side of the pond?"

Simon Veler
Thunderbird

Post by Simon Veler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 am

"I was tapped by the Hogwarts administration to develop a science-based core curriculum," he answered easily. "By this point I've spent almost as much time in the muggle world as the magical one, and my two children have started out here as well. Poland doesn't have its own wizarding school, so it made sense to accept the offer. How about you? Did you matriculate directly back into Hogwarts?"

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff

Post by Brandt Grayson » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Brandt shrugged a little. "Hogwarts was my home away from home for the most difficult and memorable years of my life. I could have gone to Ilvermorny, sure. Probably, would have been easier on my parents, but..." He shrugged. But then he never would have met Laurie... Or Minerva, or Hagrid, or any of the witches and wizards and friends he'd made here. Sure he probably would have made other friends there but... there wouldn't have been a Laurie.

"I studied both Magic and Muggle medicine, worked at the Houston Teaching hospital for a spell even, but... I dunno I guess I lost my heart to the UK." He smirked a little and shook his head. "Worked at St. Mungos for a spell before Poppy decided to retire and Minerva offered me the position if I wanted it, which I very much did. Then, seeing as my little brother is a wizard, too, he wanted to go to the same school I did, so..." Brandt shrugged again. "Here we are."

Literally, there they at the medical ward and Brandt opened the door and showed Simon in. "My office is just here." He pointed at the door with glass windows that led to an office that had more glass windows so it was easy to see in and out of for emergencies and shit.

Simon Veler
Thunderbird

Post by Simon Veler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm

"Would that be a Mr. Alex Grayson?" Simon guessed with a knowing grin. "He's a gifted child. I suspect he may have some seer in him, yet."

Brandt Grayson
Hufflepuff

Post by Brandt Grayson » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Brandt grinned, a look something akin to what a proud father might have for someone complimenting his son, despite him calling Alex his brother. "Thanks. He'll be glad you said so. I've had similar, thoughts actually. He's very--intuitive."

Return to “The Moving Staircases”