Air on Water

This forum encompasses all threads set before the current month and year.
XMR Young Lawrence Keelan

X-Men Reboot
Position: Freelancer
Mutation: Empathic Replication
Alignment: Independent
Player: Shayne

Re: Air on Water

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:50 am

"I'm getting the fucking sense that this plan has a time limit!" he griped. "We need to put this guy down, now. If he's immune to water what's he not immune to? Bullets?"

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 am

“He doesn’t know what he is doing.” He paused briefly. “He is not an enemy.” His expression turned slightly grim.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:53 am

"He seems like an enemy!"

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:06 am

He didn’t answer him, instead gazing up at the other man. And then he smiled a little. “It seems you’ve learned something new.” Of course, just as they had been from the beginning, the other person remained silent.

The brown-haired man looked sideways at Laurie. “I’d prefer not to take this out of the park.” He looked up again. “He’s using a lot of energy right now. If he continues like this, he can’t last that much longer. At his current output, we need to hang on for… about a minute.” A minute was a long time considering what had happened in the previous two.

He glanced at him again. “He won’t chase me needlessly, nor will he waste energy on me unless I’m in his way. So, we have two options: Continue to run around and let him use up all his energy, or put you inside of a thick cocoon and have him try to – key word, try to – attack it, while also wasting energy on me.” He blinked, calm, as if he’d considered this part before – when Lauries had been scooped up the first time - and said: “I hope you’re not claustrophobic.”

Maybe that was why many of the cocoons had been halves or were not completely enclosed, and opened as soon as the clones were far enough away.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:10 am

"Got it, do it!" Laurie wasted no time complying, bracing himself with his arms up slightly for whatever was coming next.

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 am

Earth flowed upwards around him and the man held out a small object attached to a key ring. “Torch,” he explained, and soon Laurie had to bend and tuck himself into a ball to fit within the walls. “You’ll be able to breathe,” the man said. “Knock on the walls if you want to come out; I’ll know.”

“You told me everything will be okay!” The man with the Mohawk suddenly shouted before Laurie was fully enclosed, his voice indicating he was not yet middle-aged.

The brown-haired man looked towards him as the walls thickened, but a hole was still available for Laurie to see the outside.

“That was then,” he murmured after a pause. “She is still okay, is she not?” He gave a small smile.

“IT'S NOT!” The man shot through the air ahead of two arcs of electricity, and the walls thickened at a much faster rate, covering the hole. “If his life is going to be miserable because of his stupid clones, he might as well die!”

Just before the walls became too thick for Laurie to make out more words, he heard the brown-haired man say softly, "That's not for you to say."

Then, along with a muffled collision, the ground beneath him vibrated, but the walls held.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:56 pm

"Whaaat the fuck," Laurie said to himself, brows knitted together. "If I wanted an out I would have taken it! Weirdo!" he yelled futilely.

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Muffled cracking and smashing accompanied tremors that passed through the earth and permeated his bones. A couple dozen seconds later, as the sounds seemed to shift further away, a small hole swirled open just above ground level and the smell of ash clogged his nostrils. The hole wasn’t big enough to fit half of his face through, and he couldn’t see anything apart from grass, trees, and flashes of light coming from off to the side. Perhaps this was the brown-haired man’s version of not enclosing him completely.

The seconds ticked by. At one point, the blasts drew nearer, and immediately the hole swirled closed again. As the sounds became more subdued, it was reopened.

The vibrations, crashes, and flares that dyed the trees continued. Eventually, as they approached one minute, the loudest boom created a shudder that rattled through his spine, and then everything ceased.

The small hole swirled and widened until the cocoon – which was shaped more like a hump on the ground covered by an immensely thick wall of earth – unfurled like a flower, and he was in the night once more, the air infused with the thickness of smoke.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:55 pm

He scrambled to his feet as quickly as possible. "What happened?" he said immediately, eyes darting around, muscles tense.

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 am

Glowing embers floated through the air along with particles of ash. Small flames flickered here and there, and smoke rose from patches of singed grass and half of a dozen mangled trees. With a dry, tearing groan, the last few fibres stringing a blackened branch snapped, and it fell to the ground, breaking apart like marbled porcelain.

Earthen structures rose from the soil; twisting spires, enclosing swathes, tendrils chasing after something no longer present, compressed shields.

Scorch marks wider than a person slashed across the grass. The water birds were silent, now.

Before him, numerous feet away, the brown-haired man – his hair colour barely lit by the flames he was turning towards – stood with his back to him. A human shape was at his feet.

Then, the flames extinguished, and Laurie could not make out the expression on his face.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 pm

He approached closer. "Yo, hello?" he waved a hand at the guy. "What the fuck was that all about?"

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:27 am

The path towards the man was clear of flames. He turned towards him, not appearing any more worse for wear than before Laurie had been cocooned.
"It's fine; he's alive," he said evenly.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:18 pm

"Yeah, I am afraid I don't really care about that," he snorted.

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

He didn’t appear surprised, and turned towards another patch of fire, which extinguished.

“Do you live nearby?” He asked as he looked towards him, gesturing with a hand at the man lying on the ground. “He will not harm you; do you have a place he can stay temporarily until he regains his senses?”

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 pm

"Uh, no," Laurie scoffed at him, resting his hands on his hips. "I'm not bringing that guy anywhere near my place."

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:57 pm

He smiled slightly. “Alright, then. I guess you’ll have to come to my place.”

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sat May 12, 2018 9:07 am

"You mean to tell me you're not a weirdo forest dweller?" Laurie placed his hands on his hips, staring around pointedly.

Username

OOC Account

Postby Username » Sat May 12, 2018 2:57 pm

“This is a park,” he replied with a small curve of his lips.

X-Men Reboot

Postby XMR Young Lawrence Keelan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 pm

"Is it?????" Laurie rolled his eyes, dripping sarcasm.

Return to “the past”