Hogwarts | Ilvermorny | Beauxbatons | Durmstrang | Ministry | MACUSA | St. Mungo's | World | Past | AU

Image Getting Started - Image Rosters - Image House Cup - Image Rules - Image App - Image Wanted

Current Events: The Desolate Forest, X-Men: Reboot

application information sheet & form

For all first-time and returning students and adults, find the Sorting Ceremony template in here! Simply create a new topic in this forum, copy and paste the template into your text body, and fill it out. The Sorting Hat will respond with your chosen house.
The Ministry of Magic
The Powers That Be

application information sheet & form

Post by The Ministry of Magic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:21 pm

process.

General: All of the fields in our application form are optional except for those under your name and your wand. We have two forms, an interview-style sheet to be used for characters you would like admins to sort for you, or a general-style sheet used for characters whose houses you already have decided upon. You are free to use the interview-style sheet even if you know your character's house, just add their house under the basic information section.

Face Claims: We do use face claims, and you can find a list of all taken and/or shared playbys here. All face claims must be public entities (actors, musicians, models), or artwork. If you do use artwork, please credit the artist in the face claim section of the information sheet. Face claims are optional and not required, but in lieu of one, you may describe your character's physical appearance under the face claim tab instead.

Characters/Species: There are no restrictions or bans on the types of species you can play, or abilities you may have. You are free to make up abilities at liberty. You are free to make as many characters as you feel capable of handling. Also, there are canon articles you can view within our Knowledge Base that will be instrumental to playing on this site as well.

Additional: Because this comes up quite a bit, just to clarify something: a patronus is both what your character will cast using Expecto Patronum as well as the character's animal representation, the form that they take if they are also an animagus. The patronus and animagus forms are the exact same. If you need ideas for your character's position look here!

Annotations: There are placeholder images in the app, but you don't have to have them. You can style your app however you like, as long as the information is in tact. Regrettably, doHTML is not enabled on phpBB and there is no way for us to enable it in the software. You can create a facsimile using bgbox if you desire. We do not use posting templates at all, but you are free to do so if you wish, just ensure they are readable. Try to avoid using fonts smaller than size 60 in large portions, as that is point where it gets genuinely straining to read.
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Betty or Shayne or Username

The Ministry of Magic
The Powers That Be

Re: application information sheet & form

Post by The Ministry of Magic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 pm

look and feel.

first middle last
  • Age. Answer.
    Birthday. Answer.
    Gender. Answer.
    Species. Answer.
    Blood Status. Answer.
    Position. Answer.
    Location. Answer.
    School. Answer. (Here's a list.)
    House. Included only on general-style sheet.
family
  • Mother. Answer.
    Father. Answer.
    Spouse. Answer.
    Siblings. Answer.
    Other. Answer.
representations
interview
  • What are your goals? How far are you willing to go to achieve them?
    Answer.

You are caught shoplifting. What do you do?
    Answer.

How do you feel about being wrong in an argument?
    Answer.

Would you ever be willing to try peyote, or acid?
    Answer.

What is the difference between definition (of any particular thing) and application (of said thing)?
    Answer.

Define the word forgiveness.
    Answer.

Someone insults you. What do you do?
    Answer.

Do you ever allow yourself to be vulnerable? If so, when?
    Answer.

Explain how fear affects you, and how you respond to your fears.
    Answer.

Is there value in suffering? Why or why not?
    Answer.

Are you more or less likely to turn your homework in on time?
    Answer.

Do you keep your eyes on all the exits of a room when you enter it? Explain why.
    Answer.

Describe the objects you carry with you in your purse, backpack or pockets on a day-to-day basis.
    Answer.

Are you interested in exploring vast, far-away lands?
    Answer.

How do you feel about going to therapy?
    Answer.

If all chefs have beards, and all bearded men are blue-eyed, are all blue-eyed men chefs?
    Answer.

If a homeless person asks you for money, do you give it to them? How about if it's your last $5?
    Answer.

Describe how you feel toward people who hold opposing views to you.
    Answer.

Is revenge ever justified? If so, when?
    Answer.

Assuming a world without magic, what would you do if you saw someone about to be hit by a car?
    Answer.

What is your favorite poem or piece of literature? Why?
    Answer.
annotations

• Image Played by Firstname Lastname. This face claim is shared/unshared.

Anything Else? This part of the biography is optional, and it is where you can place a traditional 'summary' or history, a description of your character's personality, or both. If your character has a special ability or is of a distinct race other than human, please specify this here as well. If you have no further information, just delete this and put 'No.'
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT

The Ministry of Magic
The Powers That Be

Post by The Ministry of Magic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 pm

interview-style.
spoiler | +-

Code: Select all

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]first middle last[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][b]Age.[/b] Answer.
[b]Birthday.[/b] Answer.
[b]Gender.[/b] Answer.
[b]Species.[/b] Answer.
[b]Blood Status.[/b] Answer.
[b]Position.[/b] Answer.
[b]Location.[/b] Answer.
[b]School.[/b] Answer.
[b]House.[/b] Included only on [b]general-style[/b] sheet.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]family[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][b]Mother.[/b] Answer.
[b]Father.[/b] Answer.
[b]Spouse.[/b] Answer.
[b]Siblings.[/b] Answer.
[b]Other.[/b] Answer.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]representations[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Wand.[/b] ([url=http://revelarerpg.com/app.php/kb/viewarticle?a=2]Wand Woods[/url], [url=http://revelarerpg.com/app.php/kb/viewarticle?a=4]Wand Cores[/url].)
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Patronus.[/b] Answer.
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Amortentia.[/b] Answer.
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Boggart.[/b] Answer.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]interview[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][b]What are your goals? How far are you willing to go to achieve them?[/b]
Answer.

[b]You are caught shoplifting. What do you do?[/b]
Answer.

[b]How do you feel about being wrong in an argument?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Would you ever be willing to try peyote, or acid?[/b]
Answer.

[b]What is the difference between definition (of any particular thing) and application (of said thing)?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Define the word [i]forgiveness[/i].[/b]
Answer.

[b]Someone insults you. What do you do?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Do you ever allow yourself to be vulnerable? If so, when?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Explain how fear affects you, and how you respond to your fears.[/b]
Answer.

[b]Is there value in suffering? Why or why not?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Are you more or less likely to turn your homework in on time? [/b]
Answer.

[b]Do you keep your eyes on all the exits of a room when you enter it? Explain why.[/b]
Answer.

[b]Describe the objects you carry with you in your purse, backpack or pockets on a day-to-day basis.[/b]
Answer.

[b]Are you interested in exploring vast, far-away lands? [/b]
Answer.

[b]How do you feel about going to therapy?[/b]
Answer.

[b]If all chefs have beards, and all bearded men are blue-eyed, are all blue-eyed men chefs?[/b]
Answer.

[b]If a homeless person asks you for money, do you give it to them? How about if it's your last $5?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Describe how you feel toward people who hold opposing views to you.[/b]
Answer.

[b]Is revenge ever justified? If so, when?[/b]
Answer.

[b]Assuming a world without magic, what would you do if you saw someone about to be hit by a car?[/b]
Answer.

[b]What is your favorite poem or piece of literature? Why?[/b]
Answer.[/font][/size][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]annotations[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85]
[img]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/50231030be1ce3890ae6a5c961ecf69a.jpg[/img] Played by [b]Firstname Lastname[/b]. This face claim is [b]shared/unshared[/b].

[b]Anything Else?[/b] This part of the biography is optional, and it is where you can place a traditional 'summary' or history, a description of your character's personality, or both. If your character has a special ability or is of a distinct race other than human, please specify this here as well. If you have no further information, just delete this and put 'No.'[/size][/font][/list]

general-style.
spoiler | +-

Code: Select all

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]first middle last[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][b]Age.[/b] Answer.
[b]Birthday.[/b] Answer.
[b]Gender.[/b] Answer.
[b]Species.[/b] Answer.
[b]Blood Status.[/b] Answer.
[b]Position.[/b] Answer.
[b]Location.[/b] Answer.
[b]School.[/b] Answer.
[b]House.[/b] Included only on [b]general-style[/b] sheet.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]family[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][b]Mother.[/b] Answer.
[b]Father.[/b] Answer.
[b]Spouse.[/b] Answer.
[b]Siblings.[/b] Answer.
[b]Other.[/b] Answer.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]representations[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85][img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Wand.[/b] ([url=http://revelarerpg.com/app.php/kb/viewarticle?a=2]Wand Woods[/url], [url=http://revelarerpg.com/app.php/kb/viewarticle?a=4]Wand Cores[/url].)
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Patronus.[/b] Answer.
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Amortentia.[/b] Answer.
[img]http://via.placeholder.com/279x119[/img] [b]Boggart.[/b] Answer.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][i][font=century gothic]annotations[/font][/i][/size] [hr][/hr] [list=none][font=helvetica][size=85]
[img]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/50231030be1ce3890ae6a5c961ecf69a.jpg[/img] Played by [b]Firstname Lastname[/b]. This face claim is [b]shared/unshared[/b].

[b]Anything Else?[/b] This part of the biography is optional, and it is where you can place a traditional 'summary' or history, a description of your character's personality, or both. If your character has a special ability or is of a distinct race other than human, please specify this here as well. If you have no further information, just delete this and put 'No.'[/size][/font][/list]
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT

The Sorting Hat
The Powers That Be

Post by The Sorting Hat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Hogwarts Houses
The four Hogwarts houses are named for their founders: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Each of the houses embody traits that their founders believed were admirable at the time, although the participants of each house has shaped that in the centuries to follow.

Gryffindors value Courage, Pathos and Exploration.
Hufflepuffs value Strength, Kindness and Acceptance.
Ravenclaws value Insight, Awareness and Mastery.
Slytherins value Determination, Survival and Resourcefulness.

Ilvermorny Houses
There are four houses at Ilvermorny - Horned Serpent, Wampus, Thunderbird and Pukwudgie. When a student starts their education at Ilvermorny, they step onto a Gordian Knot on the floor in the centre of the entrance hall with large wooden statues of the mascots for the four houses facing them. The carved statues react if they want the student in their house. The older students watch in silence from a circular balcony on a floor above them as the new students are sorted.

Horned Serpent represents the mind and favors scholars.
Thunderbird represents the soul and favors adventurers.
Wampus represents the body and favors warriors.
Pukwudgie represents the heart and favors healers.

Durmstrang Houses
Like the other two popular schools, Durmstrang has four selected houses. However, Durmstrang is most strongly correlated to a military academy, and as such the individual houses themselves do not differ much in style or presentation, but rather indicate the alignment of each student.

The Wolf represents those along the neutral spectrum.
The Eagle represents those along the lawful spectrum.
The Dragon represents those along the chaotic spectrum.
The Elk represents those along the moral spectrum.

Beauxbatons Houses
The houses of Beauxbatons create a striking, contrasted color palette which perhaps most accurately represents the traits that comprise them: sorting at the Academy is done based on what each individual student perceives as art, and is divided into the four basic categories of art. They are Rouge, Noir, Blanc and Jaune. Those in Rouge are said to be passionate, impulsive, and emotional. Those in Noir are said to be critical, analytical and controversial. Those in Blanc are said to be intuitive, nonlinear and subjective. Those in Jaune are said to be vibrant, cheerful, and pleasant.

Rouge wears the color red and embodies Sensation.
Noir wears the color black and embodies Language.
Blanc wears the color white and embodies Experience.
Jaune wears the color yellow and embodies Divinity.
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT

Return to “the sorting ceremony”