GETTING STARTED.

In a time where mutations are just beginning to manifest in 2018, the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning has opened its doors to offer safe haven; meanwhile other nefarious groups and factions are forming to let the world know they are here and they will not be oppressed by tyrannical government restrictions. Which side are you on?
XMR Census

X-Men Reboot

GETTING STARTED.

Postby XMR Census » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Welcome to X-Men: Reboot!
We're happy to have you. While we know this game can be confusing at first, we've compiled a handy document of all relevant information to help your application and integration to our community. This is even in entirely chronological order, so if you follow it step-by-step you'll be a pro in no time.

1. Create an account. This should be your name or user handle.

2. Immediately make another account, for your character/s. It should be registered as Firstname Lastname capitalized correctly. No middle names.

3. Head over and pick up our application template.

4. Create a new topic within acceptances with your character's Lastname, Firstname (comma included), paste the template you just discovered and fill it out.

5. The .gifs or images in the app are not required.

6. Once an admin gets around to your information topic, you'll receive a reply from XMR Census. Most importantly, we don't reject characters at XMR. If there are any problems or canon errors with an app we'll just ask you to edit via PM.

7. Make sure to bookmark each thread you are active in. You can access your bookmarks at any time by clicking on your username on the top right-hand corner.

8. We only use OOC accounts to login and access the forum, you never have to login to your character account unless you're changing the avatar. Access the post switcher by clicking on the {I} on the top right of the post body.

9. When you're done poking around, make a thread here titled with your username. This is where other players will leave you .gifs, threads, plot information, greetings, or general shenanigans.

10. Finally, all avatars are a maximum of 250x400px in dimensions. You may use .gifs. The minimum avatar size is 10x10, in case you want to app a giant pixel.
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Betty or Shayne or Username

XMR Census

X-Men Reboot

APPLICATION.

Postby XMR Census » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm

• first middle last
    • Age. Answer.
      Gender. Answer.
      Birthday. Pick a birthday. Your character will age each year according to their birth date.
      Species. Only humans and enhanced humans are permitted at this time. The correct term for a mutant is Homo superior.
      Faction. This could be Independent, X-Men, The Brotherhood of Mutants, etc.
      Occupation. Your character's job.
      Location. Your character's location.
    family
    • Mother. Answer.
      Father. Answer.
      Others. Answer.
    mutation
    • Mutation. Ability name. Place a more detailed description of your character's abilities and/or limitations here. There are no restrictions on types of abilities, but please don't break the universe. Aliens and monsters etc. are not permitted at this time.
    annotations
    • Image Played by Firstname Lastname. This face claim is shared/unshared.

Alignment. Pick an alignment for your character. Optional, you may delete this section if you aren't interested in completing it.

Anything Else? You can place additional skills, work/education experience, personality traits, a character summary, or the history of your character's life here. Make it as long or as short as you like. If you feel you've described your character enough or wish to keep certain facets close to the chest, you can simply put no in this section.
The application for XMR is as follows:
  • Code: Select all

[size=600][font=century gothic][i]first middle last[/i][/font][/size] [hr][/hr] [size=85][font=helvetica][list=none][b]Age.[/b] Answer.
    [b]Gender.[/b] Answer.
    [b]Birthday.[/b] Pick a birthday. Your character will age each year according to their birth date.
    [b]Species.[/b] Only humans and enhanced humans are permitted at this time. The correct term for a mutant is [i]Homo superior[/i].
    [b]Faction.[/b] This could be Independent, X-Men, The Brotherhood of Mutants, etc.
    [b]Occupation.[/b] Your character's job.
    [b]Location.[/b] New York is the central location for most characters, but feel free to place yourself wherever, just note that you may be limited in RP depending on who is with you.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][font=century gothic][i]family[/i][/font][/size] [hr][/hr] [size=85][font=helvetica][list=none][b]Mother.[/b] Answer.
    [b]Father.[/b] Answer.
    [b]Others.[/b] Answer.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][font=century gothic][i]mutation[/i][/font][/size] [hr][/hr] [size=85][font=helvetica][list=none][b]Mutation.[/b] [color=#800000][i]Ability name.[/i][/color] Place a more detailed description of your character's abilities and/or limitations here. There are no restrictions on types of abilities, but please don't break the universe. Aliens and monsters etc. are not permitted at this time.[/size][/font][/list]

[size=600][font=century gothic][i]annotations[/i][/font][/size] [hr][/hr] [size=85][font=helvetica][list=none][img]http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/50231030be1ce3890ae6a5c961ecf69a.jpg[/img] Played by [b]Firstname Lastname[/b].  This face claim is [b]shared/unshared[/b].

[b]Alignment.[/b] Pick an [url=http://easydamus.com/alignment.html]alignment[/url] for your character. Optional, you may delete this section if you aren't interested in completing it. 

[b]Anything Else?[/b] You can place additional skills, work/education experience, personality traits, a character summary, or the history of your character's life here. Make it as long or as short as you like. If you feel you've described your character enough or wish to keep certain facets close to the chest, you can simply put [i]no[/i] in this section.[/size][/font][/list]
Place your application here as Lastname, Firstname.

In-character AU accounts must be registered as XMR Firstname Lastname. This permits individuals to play characters that they already have named on the site, as duplicate accounts are not permitted by phpBB. This site is also home to a Harry Potter roleplay. Face claims are not shared between games. If you want to reserve an FC for HP, app a character for HP. For canons you are free to alter their movie/established face claims at will.

For humans without the X-Factor or mutant abilities, you may alter the mutation header to read abilities/knowledge and place anything your character is proficient in there, such as languages, fighting styles, weapons knowledge, computers, education, et cetera. An example of this can be seen here under the canon William Stryker, who is not a mutant.

If you play a canon, their face claim will be unshared with no exceptions, no matter if you've selected a new face claim for them and not using their old one. This allows people to use canon face claims if they've been altered (for example someone may use James McAvoy because Logan Lerman, who plays our Xavier, is unshared).
DO NOT PM THIS ACCOUNT
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Betty or Shayne or Username

Return to “x-men: reboot”