- This RP is a reboot of the X-Men universe set in 2018, with all-new interpretations of canon characters as well as integrated original characters. This RP is set at a time when mutants are just beginning to be discovered, and a young Charles Xavier has begun establishing the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning as a safe haven for mutants. This school has been open for five years, established officially in 2013.
The government and CIA is becoming aware of the existence of the X-Factor and has secretly begun introducing programs to study and capture mutants in covert blacksites. A majority of this RP is set in New York City, but feel free to make characters world-wide. As of right now the board has three areas: The Past, New York City and Westchester, but more will be added as need arises.
Groups are forming revolving around this issue including the Brotherhood of Mutants headed by Erik Lehnsherr, formally Charles Xavier's best friend-turned rival, as well as break-off Independents. This includes the highly controversial terrorist organization known as Messenger or MGR, which stands for the Militia for Genetic Rights, a civilian front dedicated to purging X-Factor humans from existence. They have taken credit for bombings across New York City, including a Planned Parenthood which caters to special classes.
The X-Men have formed to combat these groups to prevent harm to innocents as well as to attempt to educate the world on human/mutant co-existence.
- As our canon is alternative, below several key points for primary characters and groups are listed for your convenience. Please ensure not to directly contradict this. More information will be added as plots and events unfold in real time.
- 2004-2006: Oxford, Cambridge & Harvard (16-18).
2007: CIA work, Moira McTaggart, informants Aleister MacNamara and Rahir Hahvan seek to expose an organization within the European government which sought to tag, identify, imprison and experiment upon mutants via the Vernichtungslager Extermination Camp. (19)
2008: Stateside, BCT & AIT. (20)
2009: Stateside & Afghanistan. (21)
2010: Cain Marko dies, Afghanistan. (22)
2011: Egypt & Haifa, Israel & CIA work stateside & Muir Island. (23)
2012: Became crippled, convalescence w/o abilities (24).
2013: Established Xavier Institute of Higher Learning (25).
- 2014: Erik Lehnsherr formerly seen in Haifa, Israel as a volunteer worker has now established the Brotherhood of Mutants under the claim that mutants are superior and that un-mutated humans will eventually rise up and attempt to brand/register them in the hopes of squashing a force that they do not understand. As his parents were descended from holocaust survivors he knows first-hand the first steps to oppression.
2015: The Brotherhood takes Senator Kelly hostage after the U.S. government releases a memo on How to Identify Mutants, and the newly-formed X-Men engage him to ensure the senator's safety. The situation is resolved with no casualties.
2016: The Brotherhood strikes again, acting on intelligence that the U.S. government has created blacksites to test mutants. The X-Men and Brotherhood join forces to liberate captured mutants from a base in Alberta, Canada, and receive assistance from Will Stryker.
- 2007: Covert information in deepest level of US intelligence determines existence of mutants, this is a theory at the time and not able to be proven.
2013: Over the years it becomes less a rumor and more concrete, with testing facilities created in Nebraska and Alberta. Logan Howlett is held at one of these facilities.
2015: The first traces of MGR activity become active, established in Afghanistan, the group is making its entrance onto U.S. soil and taking credit for the bombing of a Planned Parenthood which discreetly served special classes, also known as mutants.
2017: MGR activity is slowly rising, on the deep web there are calls to arms for ordinary civilians to stand up and assert their genetic rights as non-mutated or enhanced humans.
2018: Another bombing has rocked New York City to its core in the heart of a poor neighborhood where a clinic was once more targeted by the group claiming that all those who aren't with them are against them.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests